Grant Lucas, site runner and lead writer for PlayLouisiana, is a longtime sportswriter who has covered the high school, collegiate and professional levels. Prior to covering legalized gambling, Grant, a graduate of Linfield College, has produced stories on golf, Oregon State, and the Portland Trail Blazers.
Matthew Kredell has reported on efforts to legalize and regulate online gambling since 2007. Now, his insights can be found on a range of Play-branded sites. The USC journalism alum began his career as an LA Daily News sportswriter and has been featured in Playboy, Men’s Journal, Los Angeles magazine, LA Weekly, and ESPN.com.
A freelance journalist, Derek Helling resides in Kansas City, Missouri. In addition to reporting on gaming news, Derek has also covered esports, sports business, and sports law. When away from work, he spends his time collecting baseball cards and helping his wife serve their two Munchkin cat overlords.
Dustin Gouker serves as Head of Content for our parent company, Catena Media US. He has been a sports journalist for more than 15 years, working as a reporter, editor, and designer. Dustin also co-hosts the Legal Sports Report podcast.
More about PlayLouisiana
Of the range of Play-branded gambling news sites, PlayLouisiana does just as the name indicates: focusing on Louisiana and offering readers the latest and most accurate news surrounding legal gambling in the Pelican State.
From efforts to legalize sports betting to the Louisiana Lottery and land-based and riverboat casinos, PlayLouisiana covers it all to better inform, educate and entertain readers.
We are not directly affiliated with any specific casino, sportsbook, online sports betting app, or gaming website. We are an independently owned and operated commercial organization.
Career and freelance opportunities
Are you ready to join the team and cover the Louisiana gambling industry?
With Louisiana bringing in legal sports betting, not to mention already offering a state lottery and casinos, PlayLouisiana is always growing. And we’re looking for writers in the area to contribute.
Join a team that reports the latest news, offers in-depth features, and informs readers who want to learn more about the Louisiana gambling industry.
Here is a quick look at the ideal writer:
- Familiarity with the gambling industry, with specific knowledge of Louisiana as a plus
- Experience covering news or writing content for internet-based outlets
- Knowledge of SEO best practices also a bonus
Those interested in joining PlayLouisiana can contact us and provide their experience and some links to content they have produced.
Our funding comes via advertising relationships with several legal online gaming operators. In some cases, when you visit a site, including online sportsbooks, casino sites, poker sites, and daily fantasy sports sites, we may receive financial compensation from the casino or poker site. We may also sell advertising to various partners.
Our policy regarding advertisers is simple:
- Advertisers do not have a say over the content on PlayLouisiana.com.
- Our goal is always to provide credible, objective information about legal online gaming options in Louisiana, specifically, and more generally throughout the US. We believe that this goal naturally produces the best information for both customers and operators, and therefore for us as a business.
- We clearly mark all paid advertisements or advertisements appear in a format (such as banner ads) that are widely understood to be advertisements.