BetMGM Bonus Code for Louisiana – $1,000 Risk Free Offer
BETMGM NFL Promo - Bet $10, Win $200 If any team scores a touchdown (Only Available in IL, LA & KS). To claim Click This Link
BetMGM Sportsbook has brought its world-class online sportsbook to Louisiana. Sign up now with our BetMGM Louisiana bonus code PLAYBONUS and get a risk-free first bet worth up to $1,000.
This page will review what BetMGM Sportsbook has to offer sports bettors in Louisiana. We’ll go over how to claim that welcome offer of a risk-free bet as well as other available promotions. We’ll look at top features, like the excellent functionality for building parlays and the M Life Rewards, which can be redeemed at MGM properties across the country.
And we’ll describe how to get started, get set up on the mobile app, fund your account, and look at all the things you can bet on at BetMGM Sportsbook Louisiana.
BetMGM Sportsbook Louisiana bonus code – 2022
To claim the welcome bonus, enter the BetMGM Louisiana bonus code PLAYBONUS when making your initial deposit. Then if your opening bet loses, you will receive a refund from BetMGM in the form of free bets.
|Louisiana Sportsbook||BetMGM Sportsbook|
|BetMGM Louisiana Bonus Code||PLAYBONUS|
|Sign-up Bonus||Up to $1,000 risk-free bet|
|Launch Date||January 28, 2022|
|Last Updated||September 2022|
BetMGM sign-up bonus in Louisiana
Once you’ve created a BetMGM Louisiana Sportsbook account using the bonus code and made your first deposit, you just need to place a bet active the sign-up bonus. If the bet loses, you will receive a refund in free bets equal to the amount of your losing bet, up to $1,000.
You receive one free bet for wagers of $49 or less. If your bet was for $50 or more, you receive five free bets, each worth 20% of your losing bet. So if you lose a $600 bet, BetMGM would issue five $120 free bets.
Using free bets at BetMGM LA sports betting
To use a BetMGM Louisiana free bet, start by selecting the wager you wish to make. In your bet slip you’ll see an option to use the free bet. Select the free bet and then confirm the wager.
Free bets expire in seven days. Additionally, the amount you wager using a free bet is not part of any potential return on a winning bet. For example, winning a bet with +100 odds that you placed with a $120 free bet would result in $120 in your account, not $240.
How does the BetMGM welcome bonus stack up?
BetMGM’s risk-free bet is a solid welcome bonus. Free bets are not the same as cash back, but we like that for bets of over $50 you receive five free bets. This makes it easier to get some or even all of your money back if your opening wager loses.
Can I trust BetMGM Sportsbook Louisiana?
Yes. BetMGM is unquestionably a trustworthy sportsbook. To launch in Louisiana, it had to receive Louisiana Gaming Control Board approval, and it is already legal and regulated in at least 12 other states.
You can reach the Louisiana Gaming Control Board if you have any questions or concerns by emailing [email protected] or by calling 225-219-4515.
How old do you have to be to bet at BetMGM Sportsbook in Louisiana?
In order to bet at any licensed sportsbook in the Pelican State, you must be 21 or older. The sportsbook verifies your age and identity when you sign up. Assuming you are 21 or older, you can open an account. If not, you won’t be able to.
Why does BetMGM want to track my location?
BetMGM tracks your location because you will be able to bet only if you are in one of the 55 parishes in the state that voted to permit sports betting. Nine parishes voted against sports betting, so you are barred from wagering in them: Caldwell, Franklin, West Carroll, Catahoula, Jackson, LaSalle, Sabine, Union and Winn. In addition, BetMGM is not allowed to offer remote betting on tribal lands in Louisiana. The tribal lands where you cannot wager are those governed by the Chitimacha Tribe, Coushatta Tribe, Tunica-Biloxi Indian Tribe and Jena Band of Choctaw Indians.
BetMGM’s website and app use geolocation technology to check your whereabouts. When you’re in a parish that allows sports betting, you can wager. When you are in one of the other parishes, you cannot. Also, if you block the tracking or use a VPN, you won’t be able to bet.
Getting started at BetMGM online sportsbook in Louisiana
This is the personal information you need to provide to open an account with BetMGM Louisiana sportsbook:
- Address (does not have to be in Louisiana)
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
To sign up, begin by heading to the BetMGM Sportsbook site and selecting “Register.” On top of entering the personal info list, you’ll need to create a password and agree to BetMGM’s terms and conditions.
Make a deposit and enter the BetMGM Sportsbook bonus code PLAYBONUS to claim your risk-free bet.
How do I download the BetMGM Louisiana app?
The BetMGM LA sportsbook app is free for iOS and Android smartphones and tablets. Here is how to download it:
Download the BetMGM iOS app
Head to the BetMGM site on your mobile device and choose the A-Z menu. Near the top, you’ll see an option to download one of BetMGM’s apps. Choose the one for sports and it will redirect you to the App Store, where you can follow any additional prompts to download the app.
Download the BetMGM Android app
Follow the same steps as above, choosing to download the sports betting app from the A-Z menu. This time you will complete the download from the Google Play store.
Where do I find BetMGM LA promotions?
The link to the BetMGM Sportsbook promotions page is located in different spots on the app and website. On the app it’s in the lower right corner. On the website it is among the choices in the selection bar near the top of the page.
How do you opt in to BetMGM Sportsbook promotions?
You’ll need to opt in for most BetMGM promos. From the promotions page, you merely need to click on a bonus offer and then select the opt-in button. After you do so, the button will read “You opted in.”
Are the BetMGM bonuses good?
Yes, the promotions and bonuses at BetMGM are among the best you’ll find when it comes to Louisiana sports betting. These are some of our favorites:
- Money Monday: Place $50 in eligible bets in a week and receive a $10 free bet the following Monday. Eligible wagers are any bets with -300 odds or longer.
- Parlay Plus: Receive free wagers if your parlay bets of between four and seven legs are successful. You only are eligible for one Parlay Plus win a day, so keep that in mind.
- Odds boosts: BetMGM also offers daily odds boosts, though it doesn’t have an odds boost page. Instead, you can find all the boosted wagers on the BetMGM homepage. You simply have to scroll through to see all the offers.
Check the BetMGM promo page regularly to ensure that you do not miss out on any new bonus offers.
Why should I choose the BetMGM Sportsbook app?
Here are some of the main things we like about using the BetMGM app in Louisiana:
- Parlay options: The number of ways you can build parlays at BetMGM really is unsurpassed. You can select bets by navigating around the site. You can use the parlay generator and select a parlay that it spits out. Or you can use the easy parlay builder.
- M life Rewards: Just by signing up with BetMGM, you enroll in M life Rewards, which is MGM Resort’s loyalty program. For every dollar you wager at BetMGM Sportsbook you’ll receive points with M life Rewards. Those points are redeemable at MGM properties around the world.
- Varied and generous promotions: We talk a lot about welcome bonuses, which of course are important to new users. But ongoing promotions add value and entertainment for regular users. BetMGM is right up there with the best in the industry in this department.
What won’t I like about the BetMGM Sportsbook app?
There are a few minor annoyances with BetMGM, as well. Here are the main ones, though we don’t consider any of them to be deal-breakers:
- Slightly slow app: BetMGM’s app and website are just a touch on the slow side. We find the lag time most noticeable when going back and forth from the promotions page to the sportsbook homepage. Additionally, on the website, the text will sometimes overlap on your bet slip, but you just need to scroll up and down to fix it.
- Promotions sometimes tricky to use: While the promotions at BetMGM are pretty sweet, at times claiming and using the bonuses can be challenging. Sometimes, after you opt-in you will need to choose the particular bonus in your bet slip. Most of the time this works fine, but every now and then you’re not able to select the offer. This tends to happen more frequently on the website as opposed to the app.
- No single-game parlays for MLB: BetMGM offers single-game parlays for the NBA and NFL. But, as of this writing, it doesn’t provide that option for Major League Baseball games. While that may change in the future, it’s a downside right now.
What kind of bets can I make at BetMGM online betting?
BetMGM Sportsbook offers an array of standard bets. Here are some explanations of what you might find, along with an example to help clarify things:
|New Orleans Pelicans||+3.5 (-110)||+165||Over 217.5 (-110)|
|Los Angeles Lakers||-3.5 (-110)||-200||Under 217.5 (-110)|
These are the most common bets you’ll find at sportsbooks. Here’s how each one works:
- If you simply want to wager on which side will win an event, you’ll place a moneyline bet. Moneyline odds tell you how much a winning bet will be worth. For this example, the Pelicans are underdogs against the Lakers, as indicated by their positive moneyline number. The +165 moneyline means that a successful $100 bet on New Orleans would make you a profit of $165. As the favorites at -200, the Lakers would need a bet of $200 to potentially win back $100.
- Spread bets include the margin of victory into the calculations. In our example, the spread is 3.5. So if you bet on the underdog Pelicans, the spread would add +3.5 to their final score. A bet on the Lakers means the spread would subtract 3.5 points from their final score. If the team you bet on is winning after adjusting for the spread, then your bet wins. Odds around -110 are standard on both sides of a basketball spread bet like this.
- Over/unders or totals are bets on the combined score in a game. If the game ended with a score of 110-108, the combined total would be 218. That’s over the sportsbook’s line of 217.5, so if you bet on the over, you would win.
- Props are bets on whether something specific will happen during a game. These can be anything from a player recording a triple-double to a team finishing with an even point total or a game going to overtime.
- Parlays are when you combine two or more wagers together. Doing so allows you to get increased odds, but the downside is your parlay only pays out if all your bets are correct.
- Teasers are parlays using spread bets where you can adjust the line for all of the games in your favor. Teasers don’t exist in the traditional sense at BetMGM. Instead, you can select from alternate lines for most games and then build a parlay with those picks. This method of creating teasers actually allows for more freedom on your part.
- Round robins are when you combine several bets into multiple parlays, each parlay leaving out at least one bet. This way, you can miss a pick and still win some money. Though not as much as if you’d gotten all of your picks correct.
Futures at BetMGM Louisiana
At BetMGM Louisiana you have the chance to place futures bets on all your favorite local sports teams. If you’re unfamiliar, futures betting is a great way to bet on sports without having to pay attention to each individual game a team plays. Futures betting allows you to wager on season-long events, so you can watch as your bets play out over days, weeks, or even months. Here’s a look at some of the futures bets you might be interested in at BetMGM Sportsbook Louisiana.
- New Orleans Saints Futures: Without a doubt the most popular NFL futures bet you can make is for which team is going to win the next Super Bowl. At BetMGM Louisiana you’ll find Super Bowl odds up shortly after the conclusion of that year’s game. But that is far from the only option available.
In addition to betting on the Saints to win the Super Bowl, you can wager on them to win the NFC or the NFC South. You also can place an over/under bet for how many games the New Orleans Saints will win that season.
BetMGM Louisiana also offers odds on player awards and stats. That means you can bet on which player will be named regular season MVP, Rookie of the Year or even Coach of the Year. When it comes to stats you can bet on which quarterback will lead the league in passing yards or passing touchdown, which player will lead the NFL in rushing yards or receiving yards.
And just because its the offseason doesn’t mean your NFL betting comes to a halt. Prior to the NFL Draft you can bet on which player will be selected No. 1 overall and various other NFL Draft prop bets. Then, during the offseason BetMGM Louisiana will offer various player and team specials. These often revolve around where specific quarterbacks will end up the next season.
- New Orleans Pelicans Futures: The NBA futures betting options at BetMGM LA are very similar to those offered for the NFL. Of course, you can bet on the Pelicans (or any other team) to win the NBA Championship. BetMGM Louisiana also offers some other unique NBA Championship bets. For instance, you can bet on which conference or division the NBA Finals winner will come from, but you also can select which state. When it comes to state bets, the options usually are:
- New York
- Any Other State
- As for individual futures betting at BetMGM Louisiana, here are some of the best you’ll find:
- NBA regular season MVP
- NBA Defensive Player of the Year
- NBA Rookie of the Year
- NBA Sixth Man of the Year
- NBA Coach of the Year
- NBA Most Improved Player of the Year
- College Futures: BetMGM Sportsbook Louisiana also has futures betting markets for college football and college basketball, though the options are not as expansive. You definitely can wager on either the LSU Tigers or Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns to win the NCAA national championship, but you also can bet on them to win the SEC or Sun Belt Conference title.
At this time betting on things like who will win the Heisman Trophy is not an option at BetMGM Louisiana. That is because prop betting on NCAA players is not permitted. If this changes in the future you can bet that you’ll be able to bet on exactly that.
BetMGM live betting
At BetMGM, you can bet on games in real time. Maybe the New Orleans Saints are trailing by 10 points at halftime. You think they’re going to rally for the win, so you bet on the live moneyline. You win your bet if they pull off the comeback.
BetMGM allows for live betting on most sports. For some contests, especially tennis, soccer and table tennis, you even can view a livestream of what’s happening. Just click on the “Live” header at any time to see all your betting options.
Can I bet on the Sugar Bowl at BetMGM Louisiana?
Yes, you can bet on college football’s Sugar Bowl, held annually at Caesars Superdome, and other college events that take place in the state, like the Independence Bowl or New Orleans Bowl. You also can bet on Louisiana-based NCAA teams like the LSU Tigers, Tulane Green Wave and Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns.
You might notice that the options for betting on college football and basketball games aren’t quite as extensive as they are for wagering on NFL and NBA games. There’s a very good reason for that, prop betting on NCAA athletes is currently not allowed in Louisiana. That means that while for an NFL game at BetMGM Louisiana you’ll find odds for player touchdowns, passing yards, rushing yards, receiving yards, etc., those betting markets will not be available for college football games.
The same is true for basketball betting markets at BetMGM LA. For the NBA you can bet on player points, rebound, assist, block and steal totals, but those same options are prohibited when it comes to NCAA basketball games.
However, that does not mean you won’t find tons of betting options for college sports at BetMGM Louisiana. You can make all the typical bets (spreads, moneylines, over/unders). Additionally, you’ll find quarter and half wagering options. And remember, live betting is permitted as well, so you’ll be able to bet on college basketball and football games both pregame and during game.
How do I get money on (and off!) BetMGM online sportsbook quickly?
Here is a rundown of all your choices for depositing and withdrawing funds from BetMGM online sportsbook in Louisiana. The options are some of the more extensive you’ll find.
|Deposit Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|Online Bank Transfer||$10||Instant|
|Play+ Prepaid Card||$10||Instant|
|Debit/Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard or Discover)||$10||Instant|
|PayWith Cash||$10||Up to 48 Hours|
|Bank Wire Transfer||$50||Instant|
|Withdrawal Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|PayPal||$10||Up to 5 Days|
|ACH (e-check)||$10||Up to 5 Days|
|Online Bank Transfer||$10||Up to 5 Days|
|Play+ Prepaid Card||$10||Up to 5 Days|
How do I get help at BetMGM online sports betting?
The help desk at BetMGM is available 24/7/365. After clicking the support button under your account, you’ll want to choose “FAQ.” You’ll then need to answer a few questions to help diagnose your problem. If that doesn’t solve the issue, you’ll have the option of initiating a live chat with a service rep, sending an email or receiving a call.
In addition to these options, there also is a help page where you can sort through various help topics for the one that applies to you.
How do I exclude myself from BetMGM?
BetMGM has a handful of ways for you to set up a safe and healthy sports betting environment. At the bottom of the page is a self-exclusion tab. After clicking it, you can elect to be excluded from the sportsbook for a set amount of time. Doing so will prevent you from wagering at BetMGM in any state.
If that’s more than you want to do, you can select “Responsible Gaming Limits” from the side menu. Here you have options to impose restrictions for how much money you can deposit or lose and the amount of time you can spend at the BetMGM online sportsbook each day.
Can I bet with BetMGM Sportsbook in person?
No, there is not a retail BetMGM Sportsbook in Louisiana. This will of course change if BetMGM announces plans for a retail location in the state in the future.
How does BetMGM compare to other Louisiana sportsbooks?
BetMGM is one of the top online oddsmakers in the Pelican State. Its promotions help set BetMGM apart, along with competitive odds and a quality app and website. While we consider both FanDuel and DraftKings Sportsbook in Louisiana to be just slightly ahead in some areas, those are the only sportsbooks we’d say that for.
With all three sportsbooks having stellar promos year-round, it’s not unreasonable to have an account with each one. Doing so allows you to shop for the best odds and take advantage of each book’s bonus offers.
BetMGM Louisiana FAQ
The current BetMGM Louisiana bonus code is PLAYBONUS. When you sign up with BetMGM, you’ll get a risk-free first bet for up to $1,000.
Louisiana sports betting is distinct in that it is not legal throughout the state. You can’t wager in any of the nine parishes that voted against sports betting: Winn, Union, Sabine, LaSalle, Jackson, Catahoula, West Carroll, Franklin and Caldwell. The sportsbook will verify your location before you can bet. Additionally, wagering on tribal land in LA is not permitted.
No, BetMGM doesn’t charge fees when you withdraw or deposit funds, though the financial method you use to do so might, so be sure to check.
Both BetMGM and Caesars Sportsbook Louisiana are top-of-the-line oddsmakers. Each offers iOS and Android apps, makes betting remotely a breeze and have great promotions. The biggest difference is that BetMGM currently allows for single-game parlays for NBA and NFL games, while the Caesars Louisiana app only does so for the NFL.
Yes, you can register with BetMGM Sportsbook on the internet-connected device of your choosing. You’ll need to enter your name, home address, phone number, email address, date of birth and the last four digits of your Social Security number.
No, you have the option of using the app or website to access BetMGM’s online sportsbook. The app makes betting on a phone or tablet much easier, though.