FanDuel Promo Code Louisiana – $2,500 Welcome Bonus
Legal online sports betting has arrived in Louisiana, and to no one’s surprise FanDuel Sportsbook is leading the charge. Sign up to FanDuel Sportsbook Louisiana and get a no sweat first bet for up to $2,500.
On this page we’ll review how that welcome bonus stacks up, and how you can take full advantage of it.
We also go over what FanDuel Sportsbook offers in the way of bets you can place, banking options you can use and other key areas to see how it compares to the competition.
- New bettors receive a no sweat bet up to $2,500
- Quality selection of promotions and offers
- Top sportsbook mobile app for iOS & Android
- All major sports leagues and more available to bet on
FanDuel Sportsbook promo code Louisiana – 2023
To claim the welcome bonus, you do not need a FanDuel Louisiana promo code. Simply sign up for your new FanDuel LA sportsbook account and make a deposit, and the offer will be applied to your first bet.
|FanDuel Louisiana Promo Code||Click to claim promo|
|Sign-up Bonus||Up to $2,500 no sweat bet|
|Last Updated||June 2023|
FanDuel Louisiana welcome bonus — the fine print!
While FanDuel Sportsbook’s offer for new users is pretty simple, here are the main details to be aware of:
- Once you’ve created an account and made a deposit, place a bet. Only your first bet qualifies for the bonus.
- If your opening wager wins, you receive winnings as normal, and the welcome bonus vanishes.
- If, however, your first bet loses, FanDuel will provide a refund in site credit equal to the lost bet, up to $2,500.
- The site credit will arrive in your account within 72 hours. The site credit is not eligible for withdrawal, but you can do as you wish with any winnings you receive from betting with it.
- You’ll have 14 days to bet with the site credit before any unused funds disappear.
- To bet with site credit, you must click the “Use bonus funds” option in your bet slip.
How does FanDuel’s bonus compare to other Louisiana sportsbooks?
We consider the FanDuel Sportsbook Louisiana welcome bonus to be among the best in the state. At times other oddsmakers may offer larger bonuses. But rarely, if ever, do they offer bigger bonuses that match FanDuel in potential value.
Can I trust FanDuel Sportsbook?
Yes, FanDuel is among the biggest and most reliable sportsbooks in the US. Furthermore, the Louisiana Gaming Control Board vetted it before awarding it a sports betting license in the state.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding FanDuel or any other LA sportsbooks, you can contact the LGCB by phone (225-219-4515) or email ([email protected]).
What’s the minimum betting age in Louisiana?
You must be at least 21 to bet with FanDuel or any other authorized sportsbook in Louisiana. When you register for an account, FanDuel will verify your identity and thus your age. You won’t be able to register for an account if you’re underage.
Can I bet from anywhere in Louisiana?
Not quite. Unlike most states where mobile sports betting is legal, you cannot bet in some areas of Louisiana.
Nine of the state’s 64 parishes voted against legalizing sports betting in 2020, so you won’t be able to bet if you’re in one of the following parishes: Caldwell, Franklin, West Carroll, Catahoula, Jackson, LaSalle, Sabine, Union, Winn. Furthermore, you are prohibited from using FanDuel if you’re on Native American tribal lands in LA. FanDuel will check where you are using geolocation.
Getting started at FanDuel Louisiana Sportsbook
In order to open a FanDuel Sportsbook account in Louisiana, you’ll need to provide some personal information, as you would at any licensed sportsbook in the state:
- First and last name
- Home address (does not have to be in Louisiana)
- Email address
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Social Security number (last four digits)
To start, go to the sportsbook site and select “Join Now.” If you have a FanDuel Fantasy account, you can select “Connect your account.” If you’re completely new to FanDuel, you’ll choose “Sign up now.” The entire process should take only a few minutes.
How do I download the FanDuel app?
While you can use the FanDuel website to handle all your sports betting needs, we find it’s much easier to use the app when using a smartphone or tablet. The apps are free and available for Android and iOS devices.
Download FanDuel Sportsbook Android app
Head to the FanDuel Sportsbook site and scroll to the bottom. Under where it says “FanDuel Apps,” select “Sportsbook (Android).” From there, you will choose your state from the drop-down menu and follow any additional prompts to download the app.
Download FanDuel Sportsbook iOS app
Again scroll to the bottom of the FanDuel Sportsbook page. This time, select “Sportsbook (iOS).” This will take you to the FanDuel page on the App Store where you can download the correct app.
Where do I find FanDuel promotions?
On the FanDuel online sportsbook app you can see all the current bonus offers by clicking the “Promos” button. On the website you’ll click the “Promotions” header. Both links appear along the top of the screen.
How good are the FanDuel promotions?
When it comes to overall value, the FanDuel promotions easily are some of the best in the sports betting industry. Here is a rundown of some of the main promotions FanDuel offers:
- Insurance promotions: These are the most common offers at FanDuel. You can get all or some of your bet stake back if your bet loses. Sometimes there are stipulations involved, like a parlay losing by exactly one leg. Other times you can receive a refund no matter how much your bet misses by.
- Performance boosts: FanDuel also runs contests with rewards based on how players perform. For instance, during the 2021 MLB season, you could get up to $25 in bet credits if players hit at least five home runs during select games when you placed a $25 or more home run bet.
- Spread the Love: For this promotion, FanDuel lowers the spread on a select game based on the number of people who bet on it. Spread the Love promos typically cap bets at $50 per person.
Does FanDuel have daily boosted bets?
Yes, when you select the “Boosts” link, you will find around three to five odds boosts a day at FanDuel. The max bet for such wagers is $50.
Why should I choose the FanDuel Sportsbook app?
Here are some of the areas where FanDuel did particularly well during our review:
- Bonus bets can be divided up: While other books may give out bonus bets, you almost always have to use them all at once. But at FanDuel you can choose how much of your bonus bet you want to risk. What this means for you, is that you have more freedom with what to do with your bonus bets.
- Daily fantasy sports: It wasn’t until the latter half of 2021 that daily fantasy sports betting was an option in Louisiana. But now you can both place sports bets and play DFS with FanDuel. All it takes is one account, but you do need to have both the FanDuel Sportsbook and FanDuel Fantasy apps.
- Same-game parlays: At FanDuel you can place same-game parlays for NFL, NBA and MLB games. Same-game parlays let you make multiple bets for one event, with the potential for big winnings if you get everything right. Suddenly your in-depth knowledge of the New Orleans Saints becomes even more valuable.
What won’t I like about FanDuel Sportsbook app?
Here are some of the downsides we noted during our FanDuel Louisiana review:
- No loyalty club: There are no promos or loyalty club in place at FanDuel that reward you for how much you bet. Adding one or both really would help make the online sportsbook better.
- No parlay builder: Additionally, FanDuel does not have an easy parlay builder like you will find at a handful of other sportsbooks. While it’s not super challenging creating cross-sport parlays, it would be even easier with a parlay builder.
- Lack of win-win promotions: While the promotions at FanDuel are great, there aren’t enough promos where you get rewarded for being right. Other books offer parlay boosters and deals where you win bonus money if your bets are right. At FanDuel the promotions usually only reward you when you get your bets wrong.
What kind of bets can I make at FanDuel Louisiana?
FanDuel has all the standard bets you would expect. Here’s an example to help explain your options:
|Atlanta Falcons||+6.5 (-105)||+225||Over 61.5 (-110)|
|New Orleans Saints||-6.5 (-114)||-275||Under 61.5 (-110)|
Spread, moneyline and total bets
When you understand how these three bets work, everything else should be pretty easy to figure out.
- Moneylines are simply the odds for a team to win. Negative odds indicate that a team is favored. In this example, that’s the Saints. New Orleans’ -275 odds mean a $275 bet would make a $100 profit if correct. With the Falcons as +225 underdogs, a winning $100 bet would result in $225 in profit.
- Spreads require the team you bet on to outperform the spread number. Here the line is 6.5, meaning the Saints, as the favored team at -6.5, have to win by seven points or more for spread bets on them to win. Spread bets on the Falcons, meanwhile, will pay out if the Falcons win by any score or lose by six or less.
- Totals are bets on the total combined points in a game. You can wager whether the actual total will be over or under the line the sportsbook has set — 61.5, in this example.
Prop wagering 101
Props are basically like side bets. They can be simple yes/no questions (Will this game go to overtime?), over/unders (Total rushing and receiving yards for Alvin Kamara, over/under 136.5?) or slightly more complex (Which quarter or half will be the highest scoring?). You can find props by selecting an individual game, which will display all available wagers.
How futures betting works
Futures are bets on long-term outcomes. The most common examples are wagering on teams to win the Super Bowl, Stanley Cup, NBA Finals or World Series. You can bet on players to lead the league in statistical categories or win season-long awards, as well.
Understanding parlays, round robins and teasers
These are all options for combining multiple single picks into one individual bet.
- When you combine two or more bets as parlays, your potential winnings will grow, but that’s because you don’t win your bet unless all your choices are correct.
- Round robins are slightly easier to get right, but the potential payouts are smaller. Basically the sportsbook combines your picks into smaller parlays that each leave one selection out. This way missing a single pick does not destroy your whole wager.
- Teasers, meanwhile, are just for point-spread wagers. Traditionally you shift the line for each of your picks by the same amount. But at FanDuel you’ll simply choose alternate spreads for each game and then create a parlay out of those picks.
FanDuel live betting options
With live betting, you are betting on games as they play out. So, if you’re late getting a bet in, you still can place it after a game starts. Or, maybe, you simply want to see how the opening quarter or first few innings of a game unfold.
At FanDuel you can also bet on what will happen in the next at-bat or play of a game. You likely will notice that odds can take huge swings. For instance, if the Saints are down 17 points at halftime, but then score two quick touchdowns in the third quarter to cut the lead to three, the changes in odds will be massive.
Can I bet on the LSU Tigers at FanDuel in Louisiana?
Yes, Louisiana allows bets on in-state college teams like the LSU Tigers, Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns, Tulane Green Wave and others. The majority of legal sports-betting states are similar, but some states, like New Jersey, prohibit betting on any in-state NCAA teams. LSU even signed a deal with FanDuel competitor Caesars Sportsbook in 2021.
How do I get money on (and off!) FanDuel online sportsbook quickly?
There are at least six options for depositing money into your account at FanDuel sportsbook in Louisiana, and at least three for making withdrawals. The minimum deposit is $10, while there is no minimum withdrawal amount.
|Deposit Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|Online Bank Transfer||$10||Instant|
|Debit/Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard)||$10||Instant|
|FanDuel Play+ Prepaid Card||$10||Instant|
|FanDuel Gift Card||$10||Instant|
|PayNearMe||$10||Up to an Hour|
|Withdrawal Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|Online Bank Transfer||No Minimum||2-4 Days|
|PayPal||No Minimum||Up to 48 Hours|
|Check Mailed to You||No Minimum||7-10 Days|
How do I get help at FanDuel Sportsbook?
To get help from FanDuel, click on your account and then select “Help & Support.” From there, you can choose the “Support” bubble, which starts out as a bot, but changes to a service agent if you need help. The “Submit a Ticket” button is equivalent to sending an email. Or you can choose among the various topic categories and try to find a solution on your own.
How do I exclude myself from FanDuel?
You can exclude yourself from FanDuel Louisiana or set up various gambling limits with just a few clicks of a button.
While logged in, simply tap the “Responsible Gaming” header at the bottom of the page. On the responsible gambling page, you’ll be able to restrict the amount of cash you can deposit or wager during set periods of time. You also can limit how long you can spend signed into FanDuel Sportsbook.
You can exclude yourself for specific lengths of time, anywhere from a few days up to five years. You won’t be able to reverse such an exclusion before the allotted time.
Can I bet with FanDuel Louisiana Sportsbook in person?
There is not currently a retail FanDuel Sportsbook in Louisiana. However, to be eligible for a sports betting license in the state, applicants must have a retail sportsbook. Those awarded licenses can have two online betting “skins,” so while it’s not guaranteed that FanDuel will have a retail location, it does appear likely. If plans for a brick-and-mortar sportsbook are announced, you’ll be able to read all about it on our PlayLouisiana.com breaking news page.
How does FanDuel compare to other Louisiana sportsbooks?
FanDuel compares very well with other Louisiana sportsbooks. That’s because it compares favorably to pretty much any other sportsbook in the marketplace today.
There are things that competitors such as BetMGM, DraftKings, Caesars and PointsBet Sportsbook in Louisiana might do slightly better than FanDuel. But as a whole, it’s really tough to make a case for any of those books being ahead of FanDuel overall. At their best, they’re simply on the same level as FanDuel Sportsbook.
FanDuel Sportsbook FAQ
Yes, new customers are eligible for a No Sweat First Bet of up to $2,500. Just be sure to sign up with FanDuel using our links.
Nope, you will use the same FanDuel login information for both accounts. You can select the “Connect your account” button and then use your FanDuel Fantasy login information.
No, you cannot bet on sports remotely if you’re on Native American tribal land or in any of the nine parishes that voted against legalizing sports betting in 2020. Those parishes are Caldwell, Franklin, West Carroll, Catahoula, Jackson, LaSalle, Sabine, Union and Winn.
Whew, that’s a tough question. FanDuel and DraftKings are both excellent sportsbooks, and you really can’t go wrong with either. Personally, we like FanDuel just a little bit better. We prefer the promos and betting options that FanDuel has slightly more than what you’ll find on the DraftKings Sportsbook Louisiana app.
The minimum deposit amount at FanDuel is $10. You have six options for depositing: PayPal, credit/debit card (Mastercard or Visa), online bank transfer, wire transfer, Play+ prepaid card and PayNearMe. You can withdraw funds via PayPal, an online bank transfer or by having FanDuel mail a check to your home address.
Yes, though just because a bet is eligible for early cash-out, that does not mean you will get the option. Cash-out offers are available on a case-by-case basis based on what the current betting numbers are for your particular bet. Bets that are eligible are indicated by an icon, which appears to be a dollar bill that has an arrow coming out of the top.