PointsBet Sportsbook Louisiana Promo Code & Review
Following success in several other states, PointsBet Sportsbook has now launched in Louisiana. However, PointsBet Louisiana does not offer a welcome bonus. If you are looking for a welcome offer from a Louisiana sportsbook, check out the ones we think are best below. Otherwise, read on for our thorough review of PointsBet Sportsbook LA, including information about its unique wagering option (PointsBetting), your banking options, and maybe most important for Louisiana sports bettors, where you can and cannot bet in the state.
Best Welcome Promos in Louisiana
PointsBet Sportsbook Louisiana promo code 2023
You do not need a PointsBet Sportsbook Louisiana promo code because PointsBet does not offer a welcome bonus in Louisiana. In other states, you do not need a promo code either. You get the $150 in Fanatics credits just for signing up.
|PointsBet Promo Code Louisiana||None needed|
|PointsBet LA welcome promo||None|
|Last Updated||December 10, 2023|
PointsBet Louisiana welcome bonus
Unfortunately, PointsBet Sportsbook does not offer a welcome bonus in Louisiana. In most other legal markets, you get $1,000 for use at Fanatics.com as long as your first wager is more than $50. So if you happen to head to another state before you make your first wager, you can take advantage of that. But in Louisiana, you are choosing PointsBet for its innovative features, not its welcome offer.
Can I trust PointsBet Sportsbook in Louisiana?
Yes, PointsBet is a trustworthy company that first launched in the US in New Jersey in January 2019. Since then, the sportsbook has continued to expand, and to launch in Louisiana it received a license from the Louisiana Gaming Control Board.
PointsBet employs a variety of security measures to keep your information safe. Also, under state guidelines, the site has a responsible gambling policy to help prevent problem gambling by allowing you to set limits on your play and spending. There’s also the option to exclude yourself from PointsBet, which we’ll get into a little later on.
Getting started at PointsBet Sportsbook in Louisiana
To sign up at PointsBet LA, start by visiting the sportsbook website and clicking the red sign-up button. You must be 21 or older to create an account, and you’ll need to be within one of the 55 Louisiana parishes that voted to legalize sports betting in order to place any bets.
A sign-up form will then load. Enter the following details:
- Email address
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
- Username and password for your account
Hit the register button and wait for the sportsbook to verify your account. You will then be able to make a deposit and start betting.
How do I download the PointsBet app in Louisiana?
The PointsBet app is available for download on Android and iOS devices. Update your phone or tablet before getting started, and ensure you have enough room for the download. Here’s how to get the app:
PointsBet Sportsbook for Android
Head to the PointsBet site, begin scrolling down and select the “Get it on Google Play” button. Once the app has downloaded, you can sign in and begin using it.
PointsBet Sportsbook for iOS
Head to the site again, but select the “Download on the App Store” option. This button will take you to the App Store, and you can install the app as you would any other.
Where do I find PointsBet promotions?
You will find PointsBet’s promotions by clicking on any offer on the promos banner on the homepage, or by clicking the menu button on the left of the website or app and selecting “Promos.” As an established sportsbook, PointsBet always has numerous offers for its players. The promotions page is also split into categories such as “Sign Up Offer” and “Booster Odds” to make things easier to navigate.
“No Juice” promotions are particularly popular at PointsBet. These bets have no book margin, meaning you get to keep 100% of the profits from winning bets. You can find spread bets with odds of +100, though these odds do sometimes change while remaining “No Juice.”
The sportsbook also likes to promote its live betting page with second-bets for live bettors. For example, a frequently available promo is PointsBet’s “NBA Second-Chance Live Bet.” Place a live bet on any NBA game for up to $25, meaning you’ll receive a refund in bet credits if the bet loses.
Terms and conditions apply to all offers. Please see PointsBet Sportsbook for details. 21+ Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER+
Why should I choose the PointsBet Sportsbook app?
It’s all about speed on mobile, and PointsBet delivers. You can bet and bank faster on the app while keeping access to all of PointsBet’s betting options, promotions and rewards. Here are some of the main strong points of the PointsBet app that we noted during our review:
- Access to PointsBetting: Get access to PointsBet’s unique betting format, PointsBetting. This allows you to increase how much you win depending on how correct your bet is. This is also a very high-risk option, though, as the more your bet is wrong, the more you’ll lose. Either way, this betting option is only available on PointsBet.
- Daily personalized booster odds: As you wager on the app, PointsBet will start to pick up on your betting style and favorite sports. You will then start to notice personalized booster odds landing in your account every day, tailored to your preferences.
- PointsBet rewards: At PointsBet, you can accrue rewards points for each bet you place. Collect one point for every $5 in fixed-odds betting, one point for every $1 in parlays and one point for every $1 in PointsBetting. You will then be able to redeem your points for bet credits.
- Name a bet: If you can’t find a particular bet you’d like to see at PointsBet, simply request it, and the sportsbook will price it for you, within reason. Open the site’s main menu and click the “Name A Bet — Request Now” button. Simply request a reasonable bet at least two hours before the game begins to receive a price for your bet.
What won’t I like about the PointsBet Sportsbook app?
There’s room for improvement at every online sportsbook. Here are a couple of the things we’re not too fond of at PointsBet:
- No welcome bonus: As we noted above, almost all online sportsbooks in Louisiana offer a welcome promotion for new users. Unfortunately, PointsBet does not.
- Limited options to cash out: Cashing out at PointsBet can be very limited and potentially offer smaller payouts than some competitors.
- Slow customer support: Customer support is very friendly at PointsBet, but representatives can be slow to respond when it comes to account support and issues with bets. Nevertheless, they’re usually able to help when you get through to them.
What kind of bets can I make at PointsBet online sportsbook?
The sports betting options at PointsBet are fantastic. You’ll get the usual bet types like point spreads, moneylines, totals, and props – but you’ll also come across the operator’s unique PointsBetting option. We’ve explained the more popular bet types, including PointsBetting, here.
- PointsBetting: The reason many players sign up. PointsBetting is exclusive to this sportsbook. Your potential wins and losses aren’t fixed with PointsBetting and can vary up to the end of a game. For example, if your spread bet wins by one point, you win 1x your wager. If your bet wins by five points, you receive 5x your wager. However, it’s important to recognize that if your bet loses by two points, you would lose 2x your wager, and so on.
- Moneylines: Bet on the winning side in a game. These bets are nice and easy as the favorite is marked with negative odds and the underdog has positive odds.
- Totals: Bet on the total score of a game by both teams combined. PointsBet will set a line before the game, and you can bet whether the actual total score will be over or under that number.
- Point spreads: Place a bet that incorporates the margin of victory. The spread number will be positive for the underdog and negative for the favorite. For example, if the New Orleans Saints had a spread of -4.5 against the Atlanta Falcons, the Saints would need to win by five points or more to cover the spread.
- Props: A completely different style of betting, props allow you to place bets on events that are separate from the overall result of a game. For example, you could bet on the number of points a particular player will score, or whether the game will be tied at halftime.
- Parlays: Attach bets together as one wager with parlays. This accumulator-style bet makes room for potentially large wins, but also carries high risk, as all of your picks need to be correct for you to win.
- Live betting: Bet on games as they’re taking place. Just click the “Live” tab on the PointsBet site to view all ongoing games. PointsBet usually covers a range of sports — including baseball, hockey, soccer, basketball and tennis — with its live bets.
- Futures: Look ahead to the end of the season with futures. These bets often appear after the end of the previous season, allowing you to wager on teams to win titles, players to collect awards and more. Select a sport then click the “Futures” tab to view all your options.
Can I bet on the New Orleans Saints at PointsBet Sportsbook?
Yes, bets on the New Orleans Saints are always available well in advance at PointsBet. Just head over to the football page, then select the NFL to view all the available games. All Saints games offer spreads, totals and moneylines as default, but you can click the “More Wagers” button to often view up to 150 more bets.
This will include a variety of prop bets. For example, you could wager on Alvin Kamara to be the first touchdown scorer of the game. You could also place a bet on Kamara to score two or more or even three or more touchdowns.
New Orleans Saints fans can also bet on their team to have scored 20-plus points at halftime as part of PointsBet’s halftime lines, or just for the Saints to be winning at halftime.
Certain yes/no props are also available. For example, you could bet on whether there will be a defensive touchdown during a Saints game. You also can head to the NFL futures page for the option to back the Saints in various season-long bets.
How do I get money on (and off!) PointsBet Sportsbook quickly?
Banking at PointsBet is safe and protected. The minimum transaction amount is $5, making it easy to get started. Deposit instantly using one of the following methods:
- PayNearMe (available at Family Dollar, CVS, 7-Eleven)
- Online bank transfer
Withdrawals take a maximum of five days to process. Here’s how you can request your funds:
- PointsBet prepaid card
- ACH transfer
- Online bank transfer
How do I get help at PointsBet Louisiana Sportsbook?
PointsBet customer service is available around the clock, and you can speak to a representative via live chat or email. As we mentioned earlier in this review, however, responses can sometimes be a little slow. Because of this, it might be best to try the sportsbook’s FAQ first.
Click the “Help” button at the bottom of the website or app to get started. The FAQ covers accounts, promos, banking and betting, and it has a search bar to help you find specific information. If you still need to speak to someone, you’ll find “Live Chat” and “Email” buttons at the bottom of the homepage. We recommend live chat for the fastest response.
How do I exclude myself from PointsBet?
PointsBet has a responsible gambling policy that you can access by clicking the “RG” logo at the top right corner of the site. This will provide various points of contact if you or someone you know is struggling with gambling. The sportsbook also offers guidance for players, including information on how to spot problem gambling, and how to address it.
You can exclude yourself from PointsBet at any time by emailing [email protected] or starting a live chat with customer service. Temporarily exclude yourself with a “cool-off period” of three, seven or 30 days, or self-exclude for one year, five years or permanently.
You can also keep track of your betting through the “Transaction History” section of the site, as well as setting limits on your betting.
Can I bet at PointsBet Sportsbook in person?
PointsBet does not yet have a retail location in Louisiana, but the sportsbook could partner with a Lake Charles casino to offer a physical location. If that were to happen, players could bet and bank with PointsBet in person.
How does PointsBet compare to other Louisiana sportsbooks?
PointsBet is a quality online sports betting option in Louisiana. It has a good number of promotions that you’re unlikely to find at other sportsbooks, and a number of ways for you to personalize your betting.
PointsBetting is, of course, also a huge feature here — but this doesn’t mean the site lacks in other ways to bet. The list of available sports is vast, and there are always hundreds of lines available, giving you plenty of choices when making your selections.
PointsBet Louisiana sports betting FAQ
You don’t need to enter a promo code when you open an account with PointsBet Louisiana. PointsBet might autofill one for you, but it doesn’t really mean anything. PointsBet Sportsbook does not offer a welcome promo in Louisiana.
Visa, Mastercard and online bank transfer are some of the fastest ways to deposit at PointsBet. Withdrawals are fastest via ACH and online bank transfer.
No, the sportsbook does not charge fees for withdrawals. Check with your bank to ensure your provider will not charge fees for banking at online gambling sites, however.
Visit the PointsBet site and select the appropriate link to download the app for iOS or Android.
You can only play at PointsBet Louisiana when within state lines, therefore you cannot bypass the geolocation system. And in fact, in Louisiana, you must be within one of the 55 parishes that legalized sports betting.