DraftKings Promo Code Louisiana for $1,250 Bonus
DraftKings Sportsbook is one of the leading regulated sportsbooks in the country. And now Louisiana sports bettors can take advantage of a first deposit bonus worth up to $1,000.
Overall, DraftKings Louisiana has a lot to offer. With college sports betting available in the state, including in-state teams, you’ll be able to wager on the LSU Tigers as well as pro favorites like the New Orleans Pelicans and Saints.
In addition, DraftKings has a welcome bonus for new players — see more below — and quick and easy PayPal banking. With a just few clicks, we were betting in moments. Find out what we thought about DraftKings in full below.
- Welcome bonus worth up to $1,250.
- Huge choice of sports betting options
- Live, in-game betting available.
DraftKings Sportsbook promo code Louisiana – 2023
When you sign up to DraftKings Louisiana and make a deposit, you’ll get a welcome bonus of a $50 bonus bet and a 20% match up to $1,000.
Focusing on the amount alone, this is a large bonus. However, the 20% match offer isn’t great. If you wanted to get the full bonus, that means you’d have to deposit five times that amount.
|Louisiana Sportsbook||DraftKings Sports Betting|
|DraftKings Louisiana Promo Code||Click to claim promo|
|bonus bet Bonus||$50|
|Deposit Bonus Offer||20% match up to $1,000|
|Last Updated||June 2023|
DraftKings Louisiana welcome bonus — the fine print!
When it comes to terms and conditions, it’s always best if you read them yourself. Go through the fine print and make sure you understand the requirements. If not, you may miss out on the bonus. Here are some important DraftKings terms, however:
- You must be a first-time customer. If you’ve signed up before, you won’t be eligible for the welcome bonus.
- You also have to make a minimum deposit of $5.
- The bonus comes with a wagering requirement of 25x. You have 90 days to satisfy this, and you can use any combination of DraftKings products to meet the requirement. All bets must have odds of -300 or longer, though.
Example: If you deposit $500, you’ll get $100 as a bonus. If you want to withdraw that $100 at any point, or any bonus money you won by using it, then you would need to wager $2,500 first, within 90 days of your deposit.
Can I trust DraftKings Sportsbook?
Yes, DraftKings is a trustworthy and 100% legitimate site.
First, it’s licensed to operate in virtually every state that licenses regulated sportsbook, and all of those states have regulatory bodies that oversee sports betting. If DraftKings were to operate in an illegitimate or untrustworthy way, it would face large fines. Second, DraftKings is a publicly traded company. This means it must operate transparently and undergo frequent audits.
In Louisiana, DraftKings under licensing from the Louisiana Gaming Control Board. Online sportsbooks are required to have land-based casino partners, and DraftKings is partnered with Golden Nugget Casino in Lake Charles.
Note that in Louisiana, you must be 21 years old to bet sports online, and you must be physically located within state lines when you make your bets. Additionally, nine parishes voted not to participate. You can not make bets while located in Caldwell, Franklin, West Carroll, Catahoula, Jackson, LaSalle, Sabine, Union or Winn.
Getting started at DraftKings Sportsbook in Louisiana
Players in Louisiana can sign up to DraftKings via a straightforward process that shouldn’t take long.
First, you need to head to the DraftKings Sportsbook page. Then locate the DraftKings promotion and press the “Sign me up” button — it’s big, green and you can’t miss it.
You’ll then need to fill out a sign-up form and choose a username and password. Note: The promo code is optional, and Louisiana players don’t currently need one to receive the welcome bonus.
Lastly, after you’ve agreed to the terms and pressed “next,” you’ll need to verify your personal details and location. Also, be ready for two-step authentication using your mobile phone.
How do I download the DraftKings Louisiana app?
Downloading the DraftKings LA app is fairly easy. It’s available for Android and iOS, so it will work on Apple and Android phones and tablets.
- DraftKings on iPhone: Go to the DraftKings site via your mobile browser and create an account if you haven’t already. Then scroll to the bottom of the page and select the “Sportsbook mobile app” link. Then select “Download on the App Store” and finish the installation from there.
- DraftKings on Android: Follow the same steps as above, except select “Download for Android” from the app page, and follow the prompts from there to install the app.
Where do I find DraftKings Louisiana promotions?
Once you’ve been to the DraftKings site and signed up, you’ll be able to find the promotions under the “Promos” tab, located at the top of the website alongside “My bets” and “Help.” If you’re using the app, you’ll be able to find the promotions under the main menu.
Why should I choose the DraftKings Sportsbook app?
Here are some of the main things DraftKings has going for it:
- Many options: After we’d spent a little time on the DraftKings app, we realized the sheer number of sports that you can bet on. For example, if you want to bet on soccer, we found 77 leagues to bet on.
- Well-made app: DraftKings has been around since it launched as a daily fantasy sports provider in 2012, which means it’s had some time to work on its app. And, frankly, you can tell. Navigating is easy, placing bets is simple and everything is intuitive.
- “Help” is actually helpful: Given that sports betting is new to Louisiana, there will be many new players who aren’t fully aware of the different types of bets and how they work. DraftKings has done a great job of explaining how everything works. It also has guides on how to place sensible bets for each sport.
What won’t I like about the DraftKings Sportsbook app?
Putting the positives aside for a minute, here are some of the ways we would like to see DraftKings improve:
- Lack of telephone support: While DraftKings’ support is generally solid, it doesn’t offer assistance via phone. This is both unhelpful and unwise. Messaging is not for everyone, and if sports betting is going to be as popular as DraftKings hopes, it needs to accommodate users who like to use simple tech.
- The welcome bonus isn’t great: While the welcome bonus boasts a large maximum, the matching rate is only 20%. That’s pretty low for a welcome bonus. As an improvement, DraftKings could offer a 100% match up to a smaller sum. For instance, it could offer 100% up to $200 — this would likely be a better bonus for more players.
- No open loyalty program: The only loyalty program at DraftKings Sportsbook is its VIP program. Which, while it may offer its members plenty of perks, is exclusive and invite-only. In the future we hope to see development here.
What kind of bets can I make at DraftKings sports betting?
DraftKings lets you place a variety of bets — some generic, some specific to certain sports. Here is what you can expect to find:
- Moneyline bets: Place a wager on who will be the outright winner of a game. For example, you could place a moneyline bet on the New Orleans Saints to win.
- Point spreads: These wagers incorporate the margin of victory. For instance, you could place a point spread bet on the Saints to win by 12 or more.
- Props: Bet on specific, individual events that can happen during a game For example, you could place a player prop on who will score the first touchdown in an upcoming Saints game, or who will tally the most 3-pointers in a Pelicans game.
- Parlays: Combine several individual bets into a single wager. For example, you might place a parlay on both the Saints and Atlanta Falcons to win in the same weekend.
- Totals: Bet on the total combined score of a game, choosing either over or under the line that the sportsbook has set.
Aside from these generic bets that apply to most sports, there also are specific bets for individual sports. For example, MMA has “winning method” bets, which allow you to wager on one of the three MMA win methods: knockout, submission or judge decision.
Likewise, for the NHL you’ll find “60 minute line” betting, which is like a moneyline that also incorporates the tie possibility – in other words, you’re betting on the result at the 60-minute mark of the game.
What are DraftKings odds?
If you’re unfamiliar with a betting slip, or you’ve never seen what odds look like, then here’s an example of what game line odds will look like at DraftKings:
|Dallas Cowboys||+6 (-110)||Over 52 (-110)||+230|
|Tampa Bay Buccaneers||-6 (-110)||Under 52 (-110)||-290|
In all columns, the negative number (i.e., the -110 or -290) is the sum of money you’d need to wager in order to make $100 in profit on a winning bet. For example, if you wagered $110 on the total score to be over 52 points and it was, you’d win $100 for a total profit of $210.
This means the greater the negative number, the more likely something is to happen, according to the sportsbook, and therefore the odds are worse. For example, the -290 odds on the Buccaneers to win are mean they’re a decent favorite in the game.
The columns with positive numbers show how much you’d win on a successful bet of $100. For instance, if you wagered $100 on the Dallas Cowboys to win, then you’d get $230 in profit if your bet came through, for a total return of $330.
This means that the negative moneyline bet indicates which team is the favorite — the sportsbook is giving poorer odds on that outcome because it knows it’s more likely to pay out.
Note: If you don’t like the American-style odds, you can change them to fractional or decimal. It takes a few seconds in the app or the DraftKings website, and it’ll save you a lot of confusion.
Can I bet on the Saints at DraftKings in Louisiana?
Yes, DraftKings has bets on the New Orleans Saints, along with the rest of the NFL and almost any other professional sport you can think of.
- Saints over/under bet: The over/under is just like the total, in that you bet on the total number of points in a Saints game. For example, if the Saints are set to play the Buccaneers, at DraftKings you could bet that the point total would be under 45.
- Saints futures: Futures bets are long-term bets on the performance of a team or players over a season or postseason. For example, after seeing the most recent Saints win, you may want to bet on them to win the Super Bowl that year. Alternatively, you might want to bet on who will be the MVP that season.
- Saints live betting: These are bets that you place after the starting whistle. This allows you to bet dynamically, with up-to-date information as the game is unfolding. For example, if the Saints are doing well at halftime, you might place a point spread bet on a large margin.
How do I get money on (and off!) DraftKings online sportsbook quickly?
Depositing money at DraftKings Louisiana Sportsbook is straightforward. There are six payment methods for you to use, and the minimum deposit at DraftKings is $5:
- Bank transfer (ACH)
- Wire transfer
- VIP Preferred
- Debit or credit card
- Play+ prepaid card
Taking your money out of your DraftKings Louisiana account is easy, though your methods are a little more limited. Currently, you can make a withdrawal in one of the following four ways:
- Pay+ prepaid card
- Bank transfer (ACH)
- Check in the mail
To use a withdrawal method, you must have first deposited $5 or more using that same method. Moreover, you must play through that $5 before you can make that withdrawal. If your PayPal account shares the same email as your DraftKings account, then you do not need to deposit via PayPal first.
How do I get help at DraftKings Sportsbook?
We’ve already seen that DraftKings is a trustworthy and legitimate site. Its 11 state licenses are a testament to that fact. But how easy is it to get help at DraftKings? Well, compared to other big organizations, it’s a lot easier than you may think. There are three main ways:
- Email: [email protected]
- Live chat: Accessible through the “contact us” tab in the FAQ
- Twitter: @DK_Assist
During our testing, the live chat function was undoubtedly the fastest and most effective way to get a response. Within minutes a support assistant was available to help us with our queries. All the customer support options are open 24/7, so whenever you need help, you can get it.
While all the available options are good and have the best possible hours of operations, one downside to DraftKings customer support is its lack of a phone line. This might not be a big deal to everyone. But if you’ve ever had the “I just need to talk to someone” feeling when trying to resolve an annoying issue, then you’ll understand why the lack of a phone number is far from optimal.
How do I exclude myself from DraftKings?
As with all US online sportsbooks, DraftKings takes the safety of its customers seriously.
Gambling can be fun, but it can also lead to significant harm. You should always gamble responsibly and try to be mindful of any signs that you’re not doing so: using money you can’t afford, failing your daily commitments or trying to recover losses by gambling more.
If you want to self-exclude from DraftKings, here’s how:
- Go to the sportsbook site.
- Locate the “Responsible gaming” tab — top right of the website.
- Scroll down to the self-exclusion program.
- Follow the steps that the site prompts.
Alternatively, or additionally, you may want to set gambling limits for yourself. Limits are ceilings on how much you can play. Once you’ve reached these limits, DraftKings will pause your gameplay for a predetermined amount of time. The sportsbook has three limits to help players gamble responsibly:
- Deposit limit — Limits how much money you can deposit in a day, week or month.
- Wager limit — Limits the amount that you can bet in a given timeframe.
- Time limit — These stop you from playing for extended periods.
You can access your limit options in your account. Once you’ve set a limit, you cannot change it until the timeframe has passed and the limit has refreshed.
Can I bet with DraftKings Louisiana Sportsbook in person?
DraftKings doesn’t currently have a retail location in Louisiana, so you can’t make any bets in person in the Bayou State. This could change soon, however. We will update with more info as it becomes available.
How does DraftKings compare to other Louisiana sportsbooks?
After DraftKings, the next big sportsbook in Louisiana is FanDuel. The DraftKings competitor also has a quality site and app, and you may benefit from trying out its platform, as well.
When it comes to odds, both sites have roughly the same offerings. There’s very little between them on the majority of sports. However, DraftKings does have more sports to bet on. After we’d spent some time on their sites, we noticed that we could make some bets on DraftKings that we couldn’t make on FanDuel.
Like DraftKings, FanDuel also offers new players a welcome bonus — it’s a 100% refund up to $2,500 if you lose your first bet. This may sound worse because it’s a “refund” bonus that requires you to commit money and lose it. But actually, it isn’t. For one thing, it doesn’t have the 25x playthrough requirement of the DraftKings matching bonus.
When it comes to the site and the app, both are similar. It’s clear that DraftKings has made a highly intuitive, well-functioning site, as has FanDuel. The major difference, we’d say, is the ease of accessing customer support or help.
DraftKings Sportsbook FAQ
DraftKings Louisiana sportsbook does not require a bonus code. Simply follow this link to sign up for your DraftKings Sportsbook account and you will automatically get the welcome bonus when you make your first deposit. The bonus is a $50 bonus bet plus 20% of your deposit amount, maximum of $1,000.
Nearly. Sports betting has only recently become legal, and there have been a few hiccups in the Louisiana Legislature. But DraftKings has a DFS license and will soon have a sports betting license.
The minimum deposit amount at DraftKings is $5.
In Louisiana, you can bet on college sports and you can use the DraftKings app to do it. Some states have stricter regulations, but in Louisiana, you will be able to wager on in-state college teams, as well.
The DraftKings max bet is different for each sport, and it depends on how much you could end up winning. In other words, the max wager depends upon the max payout for each sport.
Yes, DraftKings does have an online casino available in a few legal states: Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and West Virginia.