Betfred Sportsbook Louisiana Promo Code for $105
Disclaimer: Betfred Sportsbook is not yet live in Louisiana. This review is speculative based on Betfred’s offers in other states. The review will be updated when Betfred is up and running in Louisiana.
Betfred has made a name for itself overseas as a top-tier sportsbook, and is expected to debut in Louisiana in late 2021 or very early 2022. It’s looking to replicate the success it gained on the international scene. It checks all the right boxes in terms of the overall quality and it also offers a quality welcome bonus for new users, making it a welcome addition to the sports betting scene.
The Betfred Louisiana sign-up bonus is for a $105 first bet match, one of the best sign-up bonuses you’ll find. You don’t even need a Betfred Sportsbook Louisiana promo code to claim this offer.
Betfred is big on promotional giveaways, especially when it comes to its sign-up offer for newcomers. Plus, it has a solid selection of bets available, so you’ll have plenty of ways to turn those bonus bucks into real cash.
And that’s just the start, because with Betfred Sportsbook there’s a whole lot more, and you can learn all about it in our review below.
Betfred Sportsbook Louisiana sign-up bonus 2024
Betfred offers a great sign-up bonus for Louisiana sports bettors. Simply get signed up with Betfred Louisiana and your first bet will be matched 100% for up to $105. The match comes in the form of a bonus bet.
You don’t need a Betfred LA promo code either. Continue reading to find out about the terms and conditions regarding this sign-up bonus.
|Betfred Sportsbook Louisiana
|100% up to $105
|Coming soon in Louisiana
Betfred Sports Louisiana sign-up bonus — the requirements
The first requirement to claim the Betfred welcome bonus is you must be creating a new Betfred Sportsbook account. After that here’s exactly how the 100% first bet match up to $105 offer works:
- Deposit $10 or more to qualify for the bonus.
- Place any type of bet at odds of -200 or longer (for instance, +150 would qualify; -300 would not).
- Win or lose, you’ll receive a matching bonus equal to your wager, up to $105.
- You’ll have seven days after your first bet settles to activate the bonus.
Can I trust Betfred in Louisiana?
Yes, Betfred was licensed by the Louisiana Gaming Control Board, which is the state’s leading regulatory body for online gambling activities and is responsible for overseeing licensing, on-site regulation and security. This agency closely monitors licensed operators’ feasibility and how they conduct their business plans, as well as how they protect user data. To launch in Louisiana, Betfred needed to receive the OK from the LGCB, so you can rest assured that the sportsbook is trustworthy.
Not that Betfred’s reputation was ever in question — it is one of the leading sportsbook brands in the UK and worldwide, tracing its roots back to 1967. The company began operating in the US in 2020 and has already launched sports betting platforms in Iowa, Colorado and Pennsylvania, with additional states like Arizona on the way.
Betfred must comply with all Louisiana sports betting regulations, including the minimum gambling age and geolocation. To that end, you have to be 21 or older and located in Louisiana — specifically, in one of the 55 parishes that allow sports betting — to place bets with Betfred or any other legal sportsbook in the state.
Getting started at Betfred Sportsbook in Louisiana
If you have some prior experience with online sportsbooks, you’ll likely settle in quite quickly. The registration process is not demanding or time-consuming. On the contrary, it takes a few minutes to complete. Here are the step-by-step instructions:
- Load the sportsbook’s site.
- Select Louisiana from the list of states.
- Click the “Bet Now” button if you’re accessing the site on a computer browser.
- Open the registration tab.
- Submit the necessary information — username, password, full name, address, Social Security number.
- Tick the boxes to accept the terms and conditions.
- You’re done. You should now be able to go to the cashier to make your first deposit and claim the first part of the welcome bonus.
How do I download the Betfred Sports app?
Betfred is both desktop- and mobile-friendly, and its app is available for iOS and Android. You can also bet on the go via the browser-based, mobile version of the sportsbook website. Still, the app might be a better choice if you’re looking for a more personalized and customizable mobile betting experience. To download the app, follow these steps:
- Access the Betfred site via your mobile browser (Chrome, Safari, Opera).
- Choose Louisiana as your access point.
- Choose either “Download iOS” or “Download Android.”
- Follow any additional prompts to complete the installation.
- Load the app and log in to your account.
Where do I find Betfred promotions?
You can find the promotions tab as part of the top menu, near the Betfred Sports logo. Betfred’s promo schedule is quite sporadic. At times, you’ll find perks for existing customers, ranging from weekend bonus bets to odds boosts and cash giveaways. More often than not, though, the promo section features just a refer-a-friend deal.
Why should I choose the Betfred Sportsbook app?
Here are some of Betfred’s main strong points that we noted during our review:
- Solid welcome offer: Although this isn’t the biggest welcome bonus out there, it provides excellent value to new customers. What sets it apart is that you’re guaranteed to get the bonus cash, regardless of the outcome of your wager, as opposed to the bonus bets that many other sportsbooks offer that only kick in if you lose your first bet.
- Good range of props: What Betfred lacks in sports coverage, it compensates for in depth of available bets, especially in the props department. For all the major sports, you’ll find a slew of side bets based on all kinds of statistical benchmarks.
- Smooth navigation: Betfred uses a user-friendly layout that doesn’t have excessive promo material or flashy graphics that would cause clutter. All the key directories are available across the platform, so you should be able to get acclimatized pretty quickly.
What won’t I like about the Betfred Sportsbook app?
Here are some areas where we noticed the sportsbook falling at least a little short:
- Lack of an FAQ: While this shouldn’t make or break your decision to pick Betfred, it is a notable misstep. The customer support has an excellent track record of solving user queries efficiently, but it would also be nice to be able to seek answers independently, especially for mundane issues.
- No loyalty program: We would let Betfred off the hook for having a weak lineup of ongoing promos if it compensated with some sort of loyalty club. However, at the moment, it doesn’t run such a program, and the entire rewards model is somewhat bare-bones.
- Weak banking: Betfred currently offers only a handful of payment methods and misses some key banking providers. On the other hand, it has begun operating in the US only relatively recently, so there’s a solid chance it’ll add more options going forward.
What kind of bets can I make at Betfred Sportsbook?
As far as available bets, Betfred did its homework. All the main options are on tap, which we’ll go over below. First, though, here’s a quick refresher on odds and payouts. As an example, we’ll use an NFL matchup between the New Orleans Saints and New England Patriots:
|New Orleans Saints
|Over 51.5 (-110)
|New England Patriots
|Under 51.5 (-110)
The negative and positive numbers signify the favorites/underdogs as well as potential payouts. Underdogs will have positive numbers on the spread and moneyline, and the value itself shows how much profit you would make on a winning bet of $100. A winning $100 moneyline bet on the Patriots, for instance, would result in $140 in profit.
The favorites, which are, in our case, the Saints, have negative odds. The moneyline number indicates how much you would need to bet to stand to win a $100 profit. So a moneyline bet of $165 on New Orleans would win $100 if correct.
The same payout principle applies to the other bets, as well. Now let’s break down some of the most popular betting option at Betfred:
- Moneyline bets: A simple bet on which side will win the game. Bigger differences in moneyline numbers indicate bigger favorites and underdogs in the eyes of the book.
- Spreads: The spread is basically a handicap that evens up the betting field. In our example, the spread is 4.5, which means that the Saints (at -4.5) would need to beat the Patriots by five or more points for a spread bet on that side to be successful.
- Totals: Bet on the combined score of the game by both teams. The sportsbook sets a benchmark number, and it’s up to you to decide whether the actual total score will be over or under that number.
- Props: Short for proposition, this is a wager on distinct aspects within a game, mainly stats-based. Player props are a popular subcategory and pertain to individual athletes’ performance. For example, you could bet over/under on how many passing TDs Jameis Winston will have in a given NFL game.
- Futures: These are long-term bets, generally on major season accomplishments like MVP awards, playoff winners and divisional/conference leaders. As a rule of thumb, futures odds come out well in advance, often before the season begins.
- Parlays: Combine two or more wagers on the same slip, and you’ve assembled a parlay. The catch is that you have to get all your picks right to win. The odds will increase with each added selection, often resulting in large potential payouts.
- Teasers: Same as parlays, but teasers allow you to adjust the lines of each individual bet in your favor. This will elevate your chances of winning, but at the cost of smaller potential payouts.
- Live betting: Often referred to as in game betting, this is a form of wagering that lets you put money down on the action after the contest has started. The odds and lines will shift throughout the game to reflect what’s happening on the field or court.
Can I bet on the New Orleans Pelicans at Betfred?
Yes, Betfred has many options when it comes to all four major leagues, including the National Basketball Association. Here are a few NBA bets you’ll find at Betfred that are a bit more basketball-focused than the ones we went over above:
- First-half bets: These provide a valuable complement to regular markets. The sportsbook will post entirely new moneyline, spread and total lines, taking into account what happens in the first half only.
- Team props: You’ll see these in the over/under format, and they depend on an individual team’s results in a given category, like total points.
- Halftime/full time: A bet that factors in both the results in the middle of the game and at the end of the game. For instance, you could take the Pelicans to lead at halftime and win the game. The draw-draw combo comes with mind-blowing odds, but this rarely happens, which is why it’s so massively priced.
- Player props: Bet on scoring/assist/rebound totals for specific individual players.
How do I get money on (and off) Betfred Sportsbook quickly?
Betfred has a fairly limited banking department, which will hopefully expand over time. As it stands, you can top up your account via the following options:
How do I get help at Betfred Sportsbook?
You can get in touch with the Betfred customer service via live chat, email and telephone. The live chat platform is probably the most efficient channel, although it’s not available 24/7. As we mentioned earlier, Betfred doesn’t feature an FAQ section, so you’ll have to resolve your queries through customer support.
How do I exclude myself from Betfred?
Betfred offers several tools that will help you to play more responsibly. You can impose deposit, time and wager limits, and if that doesn’t help, exclude yourself from using the sportsbook’s services for a certain period. Via the RG section, you can also learn about the warning signs — precursors of problem gambling — and methods to address them.
Can I bet at Betfred in person?
No, Betfred hasn’t yet established a retail sportsbook in Louisiana. If and when that happens, we’ll post all the relevant info on this page.
How does Betfred compare to other Louisiana sportsbooks?
There’s no accounting for taste when it comes to online sportsbooks; however, at least at the moment, we would rank Betfred behind the DraftKings betting app, FanDuel mobile app and BetMGM in Louisiana. Betfred is a quality betting site, but it’s not in the same league as these big names. Banking, promotions, sports selection — these are the aspects where Betfred comes up short compared to its rivals. However, it’s still a solid betting platform that could meet your needs.