Golden Nugget Sportsbook Louisiana Bonus Code for $250
Disclaimer: Golden Nugget Sportsbook is not yet online in Louisiana. This review is speculative based on the Golden Nugget Sportsbook in other states and will be updated once it launches here.
Golden Nugget is an iconic name in gambling, and its online sportsbook could be launching in Louisiana. Additionally, thanks to a partnership with DraftKings, Golden Nugget Sportsbook is able to accept NBA wagers. Previously, it was not able to do so because Tilman Fertitta, owner of 45% of Golden Nugget Online Gaming, also owns the NBA’s Houston Rockets.
If you’re a new Golden Nugget user, you are eligible for a bonus bet match on your opening wager, good for a maximum of $250.
Read on for a full review of what Golden Nugget has to offer sports bettors in Louisiana, including additional promotions, how its sportsbook app measures up and what it offers for betting options.
Golden Nugget Sportsbook Louisiana bonus code 2024
To claim Golden Nugget’s welcome bonus of a matching bonus bet, create an account and enter the code PLAYBONUS. The sportsbook will then match your first settled bet up to $250.
|Golden Nugget Louisiana
|Up to $250
|TBD in Louisiana
Golden Nugget Louisiana sign-up bonus – the wagering requirements
Once you’ve signed up and entered the bonus code at Golden Nugget, here are some additional things to be aware of when it comes to the sportsbook’s welcome bonus:
- The bonus applies to your first settled bet. As long as the bet has odds of -200 or longer, you will receive a bonus bet in the same amount, topping out at $250.
- You’ll receive your bonus bet within two days. It expires two weeks after reaching your account.
- There are no odds restrictions on the bonus bet.
While the size of the sign-up bonus at Golden Nugget is smaller than what you might find at other sportsbooks, its overall value matches up much better. That is because you can win your opening bet and still receive a bonus bet. With bonus bets, for example, you only get the bonus if your initial bet loses.
Can I trust Golden Nugget Sportsbook?
Yes, Golden Nugget is trustworthy. To launch in Louisiana, the sportsbook needed to receive a license from the Louisiana Gaming Control Board, which only deals with legitimate sportsbooks. In addition, Golden Nugget complies with all Louisiana sports betting regulations. A couple of the main ones to be aware of are as follows:
- You must be 21 or older to have a Golden Nugget Sportsbook account and bet on sports in Louisiana. Golden Nugget verifies your age when you sign up.
Unlike in many states with legal sports betting, you actually cannot bet from anywhere in Louisiana. Instead, you must be within one of the 55 parishes that voted to legalize sports betting. That means there are nine parishes were you won’t be able to bet: Jackson, Caldwell, Winn, LaSalle, Union, Franklin, West Carroll, Catahoula and Sabine.
Getting started at Golden Nugget Sportsbook in Louisiana
To open an account at Golden Nugget Louisiana, head to the sportsbook site and select the “Sign Up” option. You’ll then need to submit the following:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Home address
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
Along with creating a password you also must choose a security question and provide the answer. Then, on the final section of the registration form, enter the bonus code where prompted.
How do I download the Golden Nugget Louisiana app?
The Golden Nugget app is available for Android and iOS, letting you place bets away from your computer. Here is how to download it:
- Golden Nugget iOS app download: Head to the Golden Nugget Sportsbook site, scroll down and select the “Play anywhere …” app option. That will take you to a page with instructions for downloading the app. In the iOS section, select the link that reads “Click here for direct navigation.” That opens to the correct page of the Apple App Store, where you can complete the download.
- Golden Nugget Android app download: Same as above, but this time scroll down to the Android section of the instructions to select “Click here for direct navigation,” which will take you to the Google Play Store to complete the download.
Where do I find Golden Nugget sports betting promotions?
Whether you are using the Golden Nugget app or website you can get to the promotions page in the same manner. Just click the header near the top of the screen labeled “Promos & Rewards.”
You may notice that the promotions are labeled in two colors, yellow and green. The yellow promos are for the Golden Nugget online casino, and the green promos are for the online sportsbook. At this time, there are many more casino offers than sportsbook ones.
However, there are two standard sports promotions that are available all year round. The first is a parlay boost. With this bonus, all your parlays of three legs or more (with each leg having odds of -145 or longer) will receive percentage boosts if they win. The minimum increase is for 3%, but it goes all the way up to 20% for a successful 20-leg parlay.
The other promo is for daily odds boosts, known as Golden Lines at Golden Nugget. The max wager for most Golden Lines bets is $100. This is a step up from many sportsbooks, which limit odds boost bets to $50.
While there aren’t many sports-only promos at Golden Nugget, we still advise checking the promotions page semi-regularly. You do not want to miss out if a new offer does appear.
Why should I choose the Golden Nugget Sportsbook app?
Here are the main things that stood out to us that Golden Nugget does well:
- Banking options: A sportsbook’s banking choices can sometimes get overlooked until you go to withdraw money only to find there’s not a convenient option. With five available withdrawal methods, Golden Nugget has you covered.
- Round-the-clock customer support: Golden Nugget’s help desk is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week. So no matter when you need assistance, you should be able to find it.
- MVParlays: With Golden Nugget’s “MVParlays Quick Parlay” builder, you’ll have no problem creating small or large parlays in no time. Unfortunately, there’s nothing Golden Nugget can do to make winning parlays any easier.
What won’t I like about the Golden Nugget Sportsbook app?
Here are some areas to be aware of where we thought Golden Nugget fell short:
- Poor rewards club: While there is a loyalty club at Golden Nugget, it’s not a very good one. Case in point, you currently cannot earn points for sports bets. You only receive points for making deposits or playing online casino games.
- Few sports promos: It also is a letdown that Golden Nugget offers so few sportsbook promotions. Even the parlay boost comes with a lot of strings. And the chances of hitting a 20-leg parlay to receive a 20% boost are extremely low.
- Speed of the app: The Golden Nugget sports betting app also leaves a little to be desired. It’s not so slow that you’ll pull your hair out waiting, but it is slow enough that you’ll notice the lag when going from one page to another.
What kind of bets can I make at Golden Nugget online sportsbook?
You’ll find all the bets that you would expect at a sportsbook of Golden Nugget’s pedigree. Here’s an example game listing to help explain some of the most common options:
|Over 48.5 (-110)
|New Orleans Saints
|Under 48.5 (-110)
- Moneylines: Listed simply as “Money” at Golden Nugget, these are bets on which team will win the game. In our Panthers-Saints example, New Orleans is listed at -630, which means the Saints are big favorites. The -630 number also means that a bet of $630 on the Saints would win $100 in profit if correct. The +450 moneyline means a bet of $100 would potentially return a $450 profit.
- Spreads: With a spread of 12.5, a bet on the favored Saints would require them to win by 13 points or more. A spread bet on the Panthers, meanwhile, would win if North Carolina wins the game by any score or loses by 12 points or fewer.
- Totals: Bet on the total combined score of the game. In the example above, you could bet that the Panthers and Saints will combine to score over 48.5 points or under 48.5 points.
- Props: Golden Nugget offers a variety of props for all the most popular sports. Prop bets are wagers on whether certain things will happen in a game. Popular NFL props are for players to get into the end zone or to finish with a certain number of yards rushing, passing or receiving.
- Futures: At Golden Nugget you could, for example, bet on your favorite team to win the championship before the season even begins. To find that and other futures options, you’ll click on the league you’re interested in and then select “Futures” near the top of the screen.
- Parlays: Combine two or more bets, and you win only if each of those individual selections is correct. You can win a lot of money with parlays, but that’s because they are very, very hard to get right.
- Teasers: Think of these as parlays just for spread bets. What sets them apart is that you can move the spread for each of your games in your favor.
- Round robins: Also similar to parlays, but in this case you can still win some money if you don’t get all of the individual bets you’ve selected right.
- Live betting: Bet on games that already have started. Maybe you just ran late and didn’t get your bet placed in time. Perhaps you just wanted to see if a team’s star player would be in the starting lineup. Whatever the case, with live betting you’re able to place bets while the game is happening, at odds that will often change suddenly to reflect what’s taking place on the field.
Can I bet on the New Orleans Pelicans at Golden Nugget Sportsbook?
Yes, you can bet on the NBA’s New Orleans Pelicans as well as the rest of the league at Golden Nugget. While this might not sound like that big of a deal, for Golden Nugget this is a fairly recent development.
Tilman Fertitta, who owns the Houston Rockets, also owns 45% of Golden Nugget Online Gaming. For a number of years this presented a conflict of interest. Some states didn’t allow Golden Nugget to take any bets on the Rockets or on games they were playing in. Other states forbid Golden Nugget from taking any NBA wagers period.
However, in August 2021, DraftKings acquired GNOG in a bid to increase its presence in online gambling. As part of the deal, Golden Nugget is now owned by DraftKings, which is why Golden Nugget now can accept bets on NBA games.
How do I get money on (and off!) Golden Nugget Sportsbook quickly?
At Golden Nugget you will find that you have a number of deposit and withdrawal options at your disposal:
|Golden Nugget Play+ Card
|VIP Preferred (e-check)
|Credit/Debit Card (visa, Mastercard, Amex)
|Within 30 Minutes
|Online Bank Transfer
|Bank Wire Transfer
|Up to 48 Hours
|Golden Nugget Play+ Card
|Less than 24 Hours
|VIP Preferred (e-check)
|Up to 48 Hours
|Check in the Mail
How do I get help at Golden Nugget Sportsbook?
Once you sign in to your Golden Nugget account, click the “Help Center” link at the top of the screen. From the following page you’ll have multiple options to receive 24/7 support:
- Use the search bar and handy topics boxes to look for an answer on your own.
- You can click the live chat icon (a talk bubble with three dots) to initiate a live online chat with a representative.
- You can call 855-873-1010 to talk directly with an agent.
- Or you can email [email protected].
How do I exclude myself from Golden Nugget?
If you decide you would like to halt or limit your ability to use Golden Nugget Sportsbook, you have that option. Just follow these steps:
- Sign into your account.
- Click “My Account.”
- Click “Responsible Gaming.”
- Click “Self Exclusion.”
- Fill out the self-exclusion form and submit it.
If completely excluding yourself from Golden Nugget Sportsbook sounds too extreme, you also have the option of setting limits on your sportsbook account. In Step 4, instead of choosing “Self Exclusion” you’ll simply select “Gaming Limits.” From there, you can restrict deposit amounts, bet amounts and time spent on the app/website.
Can I bet at Golden Nugget Sportsbook in person?
No, currently you are not able to bet at a retail Golden Nugget Sportsbook in Louisiana. However, it would make sense for a brick-and-mortar sportsbook to eventually be available at Golden Nugget Casino Lake Charles. Assuming that does happen at some point, here is where it would be located:
- Address: 2550 Golden Nugget Blvd., Lake Charles, LA 70601
- Phone: 337-508-7777
- Website: goldennugget.com/lake-charles
How does Golden Nugget compare to other Louisiana sportsbooks?
Here is how Golden Nugget matches up against some of the other top names in sports betting in a variety of areas:
- BetMGM vs. Golden Nugget: It’s tough to compare the welcome bonuses between these two. BetMGM’s is for a bonus bet for up to $150. That’s four times the amount of Golden Nugget’s bonus, but it only applies if your first bet loses. However, after that the BetMGM promos are much better, as is the sportsbook app.
- Caesars vs. Golden Nugget: The Caesars Sportsbook welcome bonus is worth up to $1,000.
- DraftKings vs. Golden Nugget: DraftKings’ deposit match bonus is not as valuable as the Golden Nugget bet match. However, after that, Golden Nugget has a tough time matching DraftKings in pretty much any area. And DraftKings also offers daily fantasy sports betting.
- FanDuel vs. Golden Nugget: Like DraftKings, FanDuel also has DFS betting options. Unlike DraftKings, it also offers a stellar $150 bonus bet first bet. But, again, if your opening wager wins, the Golden Nugget offer is worth more. However, in terms of betting options and other promotions, FanDuel is our preferred option.
Golden Nugget Online Sportsbook FAQ
Yes. Louisiana does not have any rules against wagering on games involving in-state college teams.
No. When Louisianans voted on whether to legalize sports betting, 55 parishes voted in favor of the measure and nine voted against it. You can bet if you’re in one of the 55 parishes that voted yes, but not if you’re in one of the other nine. Those parishes are: Jackson, Caldwell, Winn, LaSalle, Union, Franklin, West Carroll, Catahoula and Sabine.
Yes. When you sign up, enter the code PLAYBONUS to receive a matching bonus bet for up to $250 on your first wager.
Yes, because gambling winnings are taxable in the US, that also means you are able to write off losses to offset your gambling wins. For more detailed advice, consult with a certified tax professional when filing your taxes to make sure you are handling your situation correctly.
If you cash out with a Golden Nugget Play+ debit card, the sportsbook will process it in less than 24 hours. If you use PayPal or the VIP Preferred (e-check) option, your request will take up to two days to process. Wire transfers can take up to a week, and having a check mailed to you can be up to three weeks.
Nope, in Louisiana you can register online using your phone, tablet or computer. Signing up should take only a few minutes.